1) We can think positively more often. Look yourself straight in the mirror and tell yourself at least 5 great things about yourself a day (name personality traits and physical ones to get the best results- both are important).
2) Realize that your body is your temple, not a curse. Focus on all of your amazing features.
3) Wear clothes that fit and flatter your figure and make you feel sexy.
4) Wear a sexy bra and panties for an extra boost of confidence. Wearing heels is also a great way to feel sexier instantly. *If you are not used to wearing heels, simply start practicing a few minutes a day. Before you know it, you will be a pro. :)
5) Drink more water! Really! Water keeps you hydrated, keeps your skin moist and beautiful and helps keep you healthier.
6) Work out with realistic goals. Working out is good for you and setting goals is important, but be fair to yourself and reward yourself often. Working out should be fun, not daunting or torturing.
7) You can eat healthy without giving up your favorite foods. Think "moderation."
8) Find hobbies that you enjoy. Spend time doing things you love (by yourself and with friends). Remember that you are more than a mom, wife, daughter, sister and/or girlfriend. You are your own person with your own passions and desires. When you do activities that you truly enjoy doing for yourself, you will feel so much better about yourself and your life (thus increasing your confidence).
9) Clear your head often. Take a vacation when possible. Relaxation is key when increasing your confidence and your quality of life.
10) Give yourself a break. We all make mistakes, and we must learn from them, not dwell on them. Confidence means that we can forgive ourselves and move past those not-so-great situations.
11) Pamper yourself often. Take care of yourself spiritually, mentally, emotionally, physically, and any other way you can think of... Get your hair done, get a massage, whatever makes you feel good and relaxed. Pampering yourself (or getting pampered) will increase your confidence because you will feel better about yourself and your life. Are you seeing a trend yet? :)
12) Be true to yourself. Do what feels right to you. Follow your gut instincts.
13) Take healthy risks to increase your confidence. Realize that you are strong and amazing.
You can accomplish anything you put your mind (and body) to.
14) Love yourself for who you are now. You are unique, and that is an incredible thing.
15) Learn something new.
16) Remember that every day is a new day. :)
We are all perfectly unique and uniquely perfect.
PS.If you follow or read my set of blogs, you may remember this post from 2009 on Chic Beauty Review. I feel so strongly about spreading this encouragement that I felt the need to re-post the article on My StyleLife Philosophy. Hope you enjoy!